Get Quotes from Top Contractors in West Jordan, UT

How to Verify a Professional's License in West Jordan?

Professionals in West Jordan are licensed across over 58 occupational categories by the Utah Division of Occupational and Professional Licensing. Hiring a professional licensed under this Division is a good way to ensure that the professional meets the minimum acceptable standards to embark on your project. You can verify the license of any professional you intend to hire by visiting the Licensee Lookup and Verification System maintained by the Division. You can search for professionals by providing a name and profession or by providing the professional's license number.

After securing the services of a duly licensed professional, you should make sure that any additional requirements are duly satisfied before you begin your project. For example, if your project involves home improvement, demolition, reconstruction, and other types of construction work, you may need to obtain a permit from West Jordan's Building and Safety Division. You can send an email or call the Division at (801) 569-5050 for any questions or inquiries you might have concerning permits.

Utah Contractor License Search:

Do West Jordan Neighborhood Councils
Issue Permits?

West Jordan neighborhood organizations do not issue permits to residents or businesses. These organizations contribute to their neighborhoods and the city by working together with city officials to promote programs and initiatives that will result in better living conditions and improved neighborhoods. On the 14th of May, 2021, the Mayor of West Jordan unveiled a new bridge on the Jordan River. This bridge was built to make recreational activities safer within the area and is only one part of a two bridge-building process. Meanwhile, at the beginning of 2020, the city changed its style of government from a Manager-Council format, where the head of the city's government was a chief executive hired by the council, to a Mayor-Council format, where the head of government is an elected Mayor who is now separated from the city council. This change came about following arguments that the resident's interests would be better served if the leader of the city's government was elected as opposed to just appointed.

How to File an Unfair Business
Complaint in West Jordan?

If you have been the victim of a scam or any other type of deceptive or unfair business practice by a business or individual in West Jordan, you can file a complaint with either the Utah Office of the Attorney General or the Division of Consumer Protection of the Utah Department of Commerce. You can file a complaint with the Attorney General's Office by completing a complaint form, which you should email to the Office after completion or send by mail to

  • Utah Attorney General's Office
  • Utah State Capitol
  • P.O. Box 142320
  • Salt Lake City, UT 84114-2320

Note that while the Office of the Attorney General can investigate complaints and may institute actions against the business or individual in the interest of the state, it cannot provide you with private legal advice or represent you privately. Also, the complaint resolution process offered by this office might not result in your desired solution.

Alternatively, you can file your complaint online with the Utah Division of Consumer Protection (DCP). After your complaint is received, it is reviewed to determine if there has been a breach of the Utah Consumer Sales Practices Act and other similar legislation, following which a formal investigation may be initiated. The DCP may also initiate an informal mediation process between you and the business if it is determined that your complaint is suitable for it. However, in some other instances, if it is determined that there has been a breach of the law, the Division might institute an action on behalf of the State and the business or individual may be subjected to disciplinary action.

If you are unsatisfied with the conclusion of either of these complaint processes, you can proceed to a Salt Lake County Court to file an action against the business or individual. It is advisable that you seek the advice of a private attorney to properly understand the options available to you before filing an action.